Par & Jack Pics...(updated 11/26/11))

Friday, October 3, 2008

A toilet paper shortage...



How can I get upset at this little monkey? It is impossible--I can't. He's too precious. Rusty and I are so smitten that when he started playing with the roll of toilet paper we tip-toed into the bathroom to watch what he'd do. He plays very well by himself--but at this point, he can get into a lot of trouble--so in an effort not to thwart his blossoming independence, I trail behind without him knowing.
He has started running--everywhere. He doesn't walk from place to place--he runs--or it looks like running for a baby, he isn't actually running like a grown person. Either way--there is a lot of momentum at any given time and we have a step down from our living room to our den--needless to say, he's learning a lesson the hard way lately.
The puppies are becoming more playful--I got to put my sling to use this afternoon--the girls were crying and Tiffany wouldn't tend to them--I need to fix Par dinner so I put my sling on and tucked the two girls in there--they immediately stopped crying and went right to sleep...for those skeptics about the sling--I say again--best invention EVER.
I let Par walk down the sidewalk to get the mail today--he took off running--I had to grab him so he wouldn't plant his chin-chopper into the cement! We sat outside for about 20 minutes watching the landscaper across the street with the weed eater--Par was mesmerized! I tried to take him inside and he twisted and arched his back and cried--which is something that he has never done before. When I realized he wanted to watch the yard work, I was so excited--we sat still for 20 minutes--THIS NEVER HAPPENS DURING THE DAY!
If there is one good thing to be said for our energizer bunny (he really does just keep going and going and going)--we are guaranteed for him to run out of juice at some point. Amen to that!



In a few minutes I will scoop him up and bring him to bed--and about 7 hours from then I will feel someone pulling my hair and pinching my back and quietly whispering " mamamamamamamamama" to wake me up. I'll roll over and there will be a recharged little Par--grinning from ear to ear. I'll smile back and say "wake your daddy up, he wants to play with you!" and hopefully get a few more minutes of sleep...I love Saturdays...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So good......

b said...

Par and Jeff would be perfect pals right now, because Jeff came home with a new rechargable weed eater a couple of days ago and on at least four occasions he has started outside and announced to me that he was going out to play with his new toy. I'm hoping the novelty doesn't wear off anytime too soon, as there is a lot that can be done in our yard and if he feels like he's playing, the likelihood of it getting done is that much greater!! So if you ever need a break, let me know and I'll send Jeff over with his new toy! (hehe)

We've lost several rolls of TP with in the same manner with Ellie over the years.

:o)~

Vicki Jensen said...

Hahaha! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

He is the absolute cutest thing!!

Zandra

The Bennett Family... said...

He is the cutest little boy!

Kelly said...

oh how i can relate....there have been several times i sat on the potty to find all the paper in the floor...this too is one of grant's favorite games! love the pics...he is getting so big :)

Ole Miss Mom said...

SO CUTE!! As you can tell from Lillian's antics, they can get into so many little things!! I've rolled back up quite a few rolls of toilet paper and paper towels. How do they know it comes out that far????

I wanna see some more pics of the puppies! :-)

Fer said...

Oh Liz, Par is soooooo cute! He and Juan Pablo would get along just fine...