Par & Jack Pics...(updated 11/26/11))

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Letter of the Week is "J"

Par talks all the time! He definitely says things that we are not able to understand--but for the most part, he has pretty large vocabulary that we can understand. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with our grueling homeschooling regimen...but he is able to say a lot and frequently speaks in sentences (as you read earlier about his bargaining tactics). Anyway, I thought I would share the words he uses regularly right now that start with "J":
juice
jump
jingle bells
just (as in, "just one or ten cookies, mama")
Uncle Joe
Jesus
jammies
oh...and I guess you might want to know that he is able to say his little brother's name (due in late November) too...
Jack!
We have decided to name him John Robert Rich and to call him "Jack"--Rusty and I have been talking about it for a while now and we mentioned the nickname Jack once. Well, little ears picked up on this and began to call the baby Jack. It was really sort of weird--I thought maybe Rusty had been saying the name to him--because I sure had not. I frequently will point to my belly and say "Who is this?"....and the response was usually "Baby"---and then I would say "Baby who?" to urge him to say "Baby brother" but somehow he started saying "Baby Jack." I was just certain that his Gigi or Boo would say "Are you going to have a baby brother" and he was going to say "Baby Jack"--but he never did--or they just never mentioned it. I really like having a name to call this precious little boy! That was something that was really important while carrying Par and I am glad I get to do it this time around. So...baby Jack is still baking--but we can't wait to meet him!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Yay Par!!! Good job on your alphabet. Love the name, Liz. You and Rusty are awesome parents.

tarheelmom said...

Rusty, Liz, and Par,
Glad to put a name to a face...oh yeah...a name to a belly! ha! Can't wait to meet the new cousin!
love,
the basinger family

Anonymous said...

Of course I love the name John! I am so happy for y'all. I pray the rest of the pregnancy in enjoyable and uneventful. God Bless, Debbie